Recipe for oreo cheesecakeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIndulge in the ultimate dessert with this irresistible Oreo cheesecake recipe. Combining the rich and creamy flavors of cheesecake with the beloved chocolatey crunch of Oreo cookies, this dessert is a true crowd-pleaser. The velvety smooth texture and decadent taste make it a perfect treat for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply craving something sweet, this Oreo cheesecake is sure to satisfy your dessert cravings.
Keywords: Oreo, cheesecake, dessert, creamy, chocolatey.
Oreo cheesecake detailsINGREDIENTS:
Makes one 8″
3 x 125g packets oreo cookies, cream removed
3 tsp gelatine, dissolved in 60ml water
Juice from 2 lemons (about 80ml)
500g cream cheese, softened
150g castor sugar
240ml whipping cream
Extra whipping cream from decoration (option)
- Prepare an 8 inch loose bottom or spring foam round cake tin. Wrap loose base of tin with aluminium foil (for easy removal of cake later). Place a piece of shiny contact or plastic strip (for making mousse cake) of 2.5-3 inch height around the inside of the tin as a collar.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Set aside.
- Place biscuits in food processor and process until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl. Add melted butter and stir until crumbs are moistened by butter. Transfer crumbs to the prepared cake tin. Press firmly over base and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, dissolve gelatine in 60ml water. Add lemon juice into the gelatine and heat the mixture over a pot of simmering hot water, until gelatin is totally dissolved. Set aside to cool to about 60 degC.
- In another mixing bowl , beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy and pale. Add in whipping cream and continue to beat for another 3 minutes (to whip the whipping cream up).
- Add in the gelatine mixture and blend with mixer until just blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over biscuit base and chill overnight or until firm.
- To remove the cake from the cake tin, push the loose bottom of the cake tin up. Unwrap aluminium foil from the base. You can try to slowly push the whole cake on to a cake board (leaving the foil behind), OR just wrap the foil onto the cake board (without having to remove the foil). Carefully pull away the contact or plastic strip.
- Decorate cake with whipped cream, melted chocolate etc.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Oreo cheesecake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.