Homa’s cream of mushroom soup recipe
Homa’s Cream of Mushroom SoupThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introHoma's cream of mushroom soup recipe is a delicious and comforting dish that will warm you up from the inside out. Made with fresh mushrooms, creamy broth, and aromatic herbs and spices, this recipe is a classic favorite. Whether enjoyed as a starter or a main course, this homemade soup is sure to impress your family and friends. The rich and earthy flavors of the mushrooms combined with the velvety texture of the soup make it a perfect choice for any occasion.
Keywords: cream of mushroom soup, homemade, comforting, flavorful, mushrooms.
Homa's cream of mushroom soup recipe details
This is a creamy, hearty soup, a must for mushroom soup lovers. Best if 8 cups of the mushrooms are portabella.
Ready in: 2 hours 10 mins
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 18 cups mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco(R) Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups white wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3/4 cup corn starch or flour
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. In a large soup pot. Saute onions and garlic in butter until onions become translucent.
2. In a separate pan brown hamburger. Add hamburger, chicken broth to onion mixture. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to simmer. Stir occasionally. This process will extract the water from the mushrooms. When water level becomes higher than mushroom level, add Tabasco, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves and bouilion.
3. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add heavy cream, wine and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes and then thicken with corn starch –or- flour.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Homa’s cream of mushroom soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 28 times, 1 visit(s) today