Hearty turkey chili with beans recipe
Hearty Turkey Chili with Beans
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A thick, filling chili that’s a little bit leaner thanks to ground turkey. With all the big spices in this dish, you may not notice the difference.
Ready in: 4 hours 30 mins
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- (15 ounce) can black beans
- (15 ounce) can red beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 4 hours 15 mins
1. In a large skillet, brown the turkey. Drain any excess fat and add the butter along with the red onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Put the mixture into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Cook on High for 1 hour, stirring every 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Turn to Low and cook for an additional 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Serve.
Reference: Hearty turkey chili with beans recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)