Hearty tomato garlic summer supper soup recipe
Hearty Tomato Garlic Summer Supper Soup recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 1 gallon hearty chicken stock
- 8 to 12 large, very ripe garden tomatoes (cleaned and peeled)
- 2 large sweet onions (Vidalias, if possible) peeled and in chunks
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons chopped garlic (the more, the better!)
- 1 large loaf crusty sourdough French bread (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 pound brie (cut into bite-size pieces, rind included)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
A great way to get rid of the bumper crop of tomatoes. I drop them into boiling water for a few seconds and the peel slips right off! Bag extra and freeze for winter convenience. This dish is reminiscent of a Basque or French Garlic Soup with bread from my German heritage. Mesclun with a garlicky dressing and a fresh fruit sorbet will make this a memorable supper.
Combine chicken stock, tomatoes, onions, and garlic into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate bowl, combine the bite-size bread and cheese. Divide this mixture into 8 large soup bowls, fill with hot soup, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Reference: Hearty tomato garlic summer supper soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)