Healthy zucchini tomato frittata recipe
Healthy Zucchini Tomato FrittataThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and nutritious breakfast option? Look no further than this healthy zucchini tomato frittata recipe. Packed with fresh vegetables and protein-rich eggs, this dish is not only tasty but also great for your overall well-being. With its vibrant colors and flavors, it's the perfect way to start your day on a healthy note. So grab your skillet and get ready to whip up this easy and satisfying frittata.
Keywords: healthy, zucchini, tomato, frittata, recipe
Healthy zucchini tomato frittata recipe details
This vegetarian breakfast is packed full of fresh veggies, so you can start your day healthy before chowing down on ribs later.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated in hot water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a mixing bowl, combine egg substitute, cottage cheese, onions, basil, pepper flakes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Cook zucchini, broccoli, and bell pepper in hot oil for about 6 minutes, then add egg cheese mixture.
3. Turn on broiler to High. Cover the skillet and allow to cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, until the eggs are almost completely set.
4. Cover frittata with Parmesan cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook for 3 minutes, until puffy and golden-brown. Remove from heat, let the eggs rest for 5 minutes, then serve in slices.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Healthy zucchini tomato frittata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 33 times, 1 visit(s) today