Grilled sirloin steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Triple Threat Ginger Spice Rub
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
You’re hungry, sure, but if you take just a few minutes to make this simple spice rub, your sirloin steak goes from good to great.
Ready in: 20 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 sirloin steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, ginger, and sugar. Rub steak liberally with the spice mixture, about 1 teaspoon per side.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 2 2/3 tablespoons rub, enough for 9 steaks.
Reference: Grilled sirloin steak with triple threat ginger spice rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.