Grilled flat iron steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Sweet New Mexico MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a mouthwatering steak recipe that will impress your guests? Look no further than this Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Sweet New Mexico Marinade recipe. The combination of tender flat iron steak and a deliciously sweet marinade made with New Mexico chilies creates a flavor explosion that will leave everyone wanting more. This recipe is perfect for summer grilling or any special occasion. Get ready to savor the juicy and flavorful steak, paired with the perfect balance of sweetness and heat from the marinade.
Keywords: grilled, flat iron steak, sweet, New Mexico marinade, recipe.
Grilled flat iron steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe details
Great, balanced flavor for this hearty slab ‘o beef. Inspired by WileyP’s “Spring Hill Ranch Go-To Grilled Steak 1”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 flat iron steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled flat iron steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.