Grilled porterhouse steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Sweet New Mexico MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Sweet New Mexico Marinade recipe! This delectable dish combines the richness of a perfectly grilled porterhouse steak with the bold flavors of a sweet and tangy marinade inspired by the vibrant cuisine of New Mexico. The marinade, made with a blend of aromatic spices and a touch of sweetness, infuses the steak with an irresistible flavor profile. Prepare to indulge in a succulent steak that is juicy, tender, and bursting with Southwestern flair.
Keywords: grilled porterhouse steak, sweet New Mexico marinade, bold flavors, succulent, Southwestern flair.
Grilled porterhouse steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe details
A nice steak that’s spicy but not too much. You could use any chili powder, but New Mexico chili powder keeps it authentic. Inspired by WileyP’s “Spring Hill Ranch Go-To Grilled Steak 1”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Porterhouse steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled porterhouse steak with sweet new mexico marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.