Grilled sirloin steak with brown sugar chive marinade recipe
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Brown Sugar Chive MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Not too sweet, not too spicy, this great steak comes flavored by a marinade of sauces and fresh herbs. Inspired by WileyP’s “Spring Hill Ranch Go-To Grilled Steak”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark, but dark is best)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 sirloin steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chives and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl and pour the rest into a large plastic resealable bag.
2. Add steak to the bag, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate. Meanwhile, whisk the reserved marinade with the vinegar and keep in refrigerator for use later.
3. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
4. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
5. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
6. Take the steak off the grill and place in a shallow baking dish. Pour the marinade/vinegar mixture over the steaks, cover with foil, and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
Reference: Grilled sirloin steak with brown sugar chive marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.