Grilled new york strip steak with blowtorch mustard crust recipe
Grilled New York Strip Steak with Blowtorch Mustard CrustThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering recipe for Grilled New York Strip Steak with Blowtorch Mustard Crust! This delectable dish combines the rich flavors of a perfectly grilled steak with a unique twist of a blowtorch mustard crust. The tender and juicy New York strip steak is seasoned to perfection, then seared on the grill to create a delightful charred exterior. The blowtorch is used to create a crispy and caramelized mustard crust that adds a burst of tangy and smoky flavors to every bite. Get ready to impress your guests with this show-stopping steak recipe that is sure to become a favorite at any gathering.
Keywords: Grilled, New York strip steak, blowtorch, mustard crust, recipe
Grilled new york strip steak with blowtorch mustard crust recipe details
Just getting the flames of the grill isn’t enough for this steak. You need to finish the job with a quick scorch under a kitchen blowtorch. Inspired by CarolineMiLiArtiss’ “How To Cook The Perfect Steak”
Ready in: 30 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 New York strip steak (or more)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons demerara or turbinado sugar
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Brush steak with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak.
6. Spread a layer of mustard on one side of the steak, then sprinkle sugar over the mustard.
7. Using a kitchen blowtorch, carefully melt the sugar until it is dark brown and bubbly. (You may also place the steak under a broiler for this step.) Serve.Note
Recipe makes enough mustard/sugar topping for 1 large steak. Increase amounts proportionally for more steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled new york strip steak with blowtorch mustard crust recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.