Grilled gouda cheese and pear sandwiches recipe
Grilled Gouda Cheese and Pear Sandwiches
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The smoky flavor of Gouda cheese makes you think these sandwiches were actually grilled on a barbecue, instead of inside on a griddle.
Ready in: 26 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 6 ounces shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 Anjou pear, quartered and thinly sliced, lengthwise
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 6 mins
1. Place 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and set over medium heat. Cook onion in melted butter for about 15 minutes, sprinkling with salt and pepper to taste, until browned.
2. Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat. Build sandwiches with cheese, onion, and pear in each.
3. Place a tablespoon of butter on the griddle. When butter melts, set sandwiches on the griddle and cook for about 6 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time, until browned and melty. Serve.
Reference: Grilled gouda cheese and pear sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)