Grilled drunk chicken recipe
Grilled Drunk Chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Basically, the chicken is marinated in beer before seasoning and grilling. The result is a VERY juicy grilled chicken. Note: the alcohol dissipates when grilled, leaving only the flavor, which neither tastes nor smells like the beer itself.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 1-2 (12 ounce) beers (We prefer the flavor Michelob(R) Ultra)
- 4-5 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup Grill Mates(R) Montreal Chicken Seasoning, or as needed
- Garlic salt
- 1 large (throw-away) pan to be placed in grill (holds beer)
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Marinate chicken in beer thirty minutes or so, while a covered grill is prepared and heats. Coat grill rack to prevent sticking. Place metal pan under grating with charcoal around it.
2. Season chicken moderately with Montreal Chicken Seasoning and with garlic salt to taste. Rub in the seasoning.
3. Pour beer used for marinating in pan in the grill.
4. Grill the chicken above the pan filled with beer. Try not to cook the chicken over direct heat. I usually start with the skin side down, to seal in the juices, turning when needed until done.
Tags: recipe, Grilled drunk chicken recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Grilled drunk chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com