Grilled chicken and bacon soft tacos recipe
Grilled Chicken and Bacon Soft Tacos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
These tacos have bacon in them! And a tasty green apple and green onion dressing.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 green onions
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 9 small flour tortillas, warmed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine cabbage, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then chop.
4. Brush scallions with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes, turning a few times throughout cooking time, to soften. Remove from heat, slice, and set aside.
5. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for about 4 minutes, then flip and grill for 3 to 4 more minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
6. Whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup olive oil together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, then toss with grilled green onions and Granny Smith apple.
7. Stuff tortillas with chicken, bacon, and green apple dressing.
Reference: Grilled chicken and bacon soft tacos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.