Grilled cake balls recipe
Grilled Cake Balls
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A summer dessert that starts out on the grill and ends up frozen. Grill these before you grill meat or chicken, an hour later you’ll have a sweet cool-down waiting for you.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
Makes: 3 dozen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix, mixed according to package directions
- 1/2 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, freezing
1. Preheat grill to 350 degrees F. Pour cake into 13×9-inch baking pan, as directed on package, and place on an insulated baking pan; place the pan on the grill, close the lid, and bake for the amount of time directed on the package. Remove from heat.
2. Break up the cake in a mixing bowl. Using a spatula or your (clean) hands, combine the cake with the frosting. Then form balls with the mixture and place on wax paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Melt the chocolate coating on the stove or in the microwave. Then, using toothpicks, dip the frozen cake balls in the chocolate, allow to harden, and serve.Tip
Buy a cake already baked and frosted and skip the additional frosting part. Try different flavors of cake and frosting.
Reference: Grilled cake balls recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.