Green chili bean and cheese burrito recipe
Green Chili Bean and Cheese BurritoThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for green chili bean and cheese burritos is a delicious and satisfying meal option. Packed with flavors, it combines green chilies, beans, and cheese to create a mouthwatering filling. The burritos are easy to make and can be customized with additional toppings like salsa or guacamole. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking for a flavorful meatless option, this recipe is sure to please.
Keywords: green chili, bean, cheese, burrito, vegetarian.
Green chili bean and cheese burrito recipe details
Spicy and delicious bean and cheese burritos. I make three dozen of these and freeze them. They last at least a year in the freezer if vacuum packed.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
- 4 large white onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 14 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced jalapenos, drained
- 1 (27 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 5 (15 1/2 ounce cans) S&W(R) San Antonio beans
- 1 (7 pound) can of RosaRita(R) refried
- vegetarian beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 pounds of Cheddaar or Jack cheese, shredded, or to taste
- 36 burrito size tortillas
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 25 mins
1. Cook onions in olive oil until tender, about 15 minutes. Add garlic, jalapenos, green chilies and cook about 10 minutes more. Add salsa and S&W San Antonio beans. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Stirring often. Add refried beans and cook on low for about 30 to 45 minutes. Stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool, then add one cup of beans and 1 ounce of cheese in 10 inch tortillas.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Green chili bean and cheese burrito recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 21 times, 1 visit(s) today