Greek chicken baked potatoes recipe
Greek Chicken Baked PotatoesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the delectable Greek chicken baked potatoes recipe, a mouthwatering fusion of Mediterranean flavors. This simple yet satisfying dish features tender chicken pieces marinated in aromatic herbs and spices, served over a bed of crispy baked potatoes. The combination of juicy chicken, perfectly seasoned potatoes, and tangy Greek yogurt sauce creates a delightful harmony of tastes and textures. Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing party dish, this recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: Greek chicken, baked potatoes, Mediterranean flavors, easy recipe, tangy yogurt sauce.
Greek chicken baked potatoes recipe details
The fresh, lemony flavor of great Greek chicken gives the simple baked potato a little punch.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
3. While potatoes are cooking: cover chicken with water in a skillet and place over medium heat. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain, then toss with lemon juice, butter, and capers. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Split potatoes open and serve each topped with chicken mixture.Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Greek chicken baked potatoes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.