Grandmother knight shadix’s chicken stew recipe
Grandmother Knight-Shadix’s Chicken StewThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Grandmother Knight Shadix's Chicken Stew recipe, a comforting and hearty dish passed down through generations. This recipe is a delightful blend of tender chicken, vegetables, and aromatic herbs, simmered to perfection. The stew is rich in flavor, with each bite offering a taste of nostalgia and love. Prepare to indulge in a bowl of warmth and tradition with this cherished family recipe.
Keywords: chicken stew, comfort food, family recipe, traditional, homemade.
Grandmother knight shadix's chicken stew recipe details
An easy, hearty recipe from my wife’s great-grandmother. Great with cornbread!
Ready in: 5 hours 30 mins
- 1 whole 3.5 – 4.0 pound chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or fresh)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (or fresh)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 5 hours
1. Rinse chicken inside and out. Place chicken in stock pot with just enough water to cover. Add two bay leaves to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cover pot. Simmer for one hour. Chicken is done with leg pulls easily away from bone.
2. While waiting on chicken, put all other ingredients into a large slow cooker set on high heat.
3. Remove chicken to cool. Save some of the water for the soup. Discard bay leaves. Remove and discard skin from chicken. Remove all meat. Chop meat finely. Add meat to slow cooker. Add saved water from cooking the chicken to the slow cooker until stew is desired consistency (amount depends on size of stock pot). Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook 4-6 hours on High.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grandmother knight shadix’s chicken stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 50 times, 1 visit(s) today