Grandma’s sunday tomato sauce recipe
Grandma’s Sunday Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is the sauce that uses the most basic ingredients but gives great flavor. You can use this recipe as a guideline and add your favorite ingredients to make it your own creation.
Ready in: 3 hours 15 mins
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until limp.
2. Add crushed tomatoes and1/2 can of water from the crushed tomato can. Add tomato sauce. Add tomato paste and three cans of water from the tomato paste can. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir all ingredients until combined. Simmer over low heat for 3 hours.
4. The sauce is great the day it is made but is much better if eaten the next day, or if made early enough, later that night.
Reference: Grandma’s sunday tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.