Grandma musgrave’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe
Grandma Musgrave’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
From the farming plains of Colorado these are AWESOME cookies! This recipe was perfected by my Grandmother who always had a freezer full of cookies for the grandkids. These cookies have the perfect texture.
Ready in: 18 mins
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda mixed with 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 8 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix sugars, shortening, eggs together.
3. Mix together all other ingredients together.
4. Drop on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
Reference: Grandma musgrave’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.