Glacier Melter recipe
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 12 wheat bread slices, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- One 7-ounce can of mild chilies, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeÃ±o chilies, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 artichoke hearts (canned), chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten till creamy yellow
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 6 Tablespoons pimento, diced
- 6 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Melt butter in microwave in 9 x 13-inch casserole. Dip 1 side of 6 bread slices in butter to cover lightly; set aside. Place remaining 6 slices in remaining butter in casserole. Top bread with mixture of 1/2 cup cheese, mild and jalapeÃ±o chilies, garlic powder, and artichokes. Place 6 buttered bread slices over cheese, butter side up. Mix eggs and milk and pour over bread stacks. Top each bread slice with 1 teaspoon pimento (I arrange it in a heart shape) and 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Bake uncovered in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot.
Serves: 6 hungry people.
Tags: recipe, Glacier melter, cooking, diy