Baked potatoes with onion peppers and mushrooms recipe
Baked Potatoes with Onion, Peppers, and Mushrooms
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A vegetarian dinner idea for men who believe in eating great spicy food.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
3. When potatoes have about 20 minutes to go, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms in melted butter until tender, about 15 minutes, seasoning with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to taste throughout cooking time.
4. Split potatoes open and serve each topped with sauteed vegetables.
Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.
Reference: Baked potatoes with onion peppers and mushrooms recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.