Fresh corn and black bean salsa recipe
Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
If you like salsa you will love this! Made with corn fresh from the cob, jalapeno, lime zest, and cilantro!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 ears of fresh sweet corn (kernels cut off the cob)
- 1 jalapeno with seeds, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Pour olive oil into a hot large, high-sided saute pan. Add red onion, corn, jalapenos, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and let them soften.
2. Add the juice of 1 lime and the zest. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Continue to stir.
3. Once all the vegetables have softened, add the tomato, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften and the beans are hot.
4. Spoon the salsa into a serving bowl, and sprinkle the juice of the other lime on top along with the zest.
Tags: recipe, Fresh corn and black bean salsa recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Fresh corn and black bean salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com