Created by Phil Dudley
- 6 oven-heated croissants
- 18 ounces (3 each) sliced smoked chicken breast
- 12 stalks steamed broccoli
- 6 tomato slices
- 12 poached eggs
- 1/2 cup roasted bell pepper hollandaise (see below)
Split croissant, placing bottom on warmed plate. Top with 3 ounces sliced smoked chicken, sliced tomato, and two stalks of broccoli on each side (to provide “walls”). Place poached eggs between broccoli stalks (or “walls”). Pour 3 Tablespoons of hollandaise over eggs. Top with other half of croissant and garnish with a sprig of basil or edible flower.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large roasted bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- dash red pepper
Roast bell pepper (peel, seed, and puree). Whisk yolks and lemon juice vigorously in sauce pan. Add 1/2 cup melted butter and whisk. Place over low flame or double boiler. Whisk remaining butter until sauce thickens. Add pureed pepper and basil and mix thoroughly.
Tags: recipe, Fox breakfast, cooking, diy