Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Flank Steak with Red Wine Peppercorn Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
The bold flavor of red wine gives this steak big taste. Inspired by “Flat Iron Steak in a Red Wine Reduction with Peppercorns,” by BigStupidFingers.
Ready in: 4 hours 30 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Pinch white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 flank steak
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Stir red wine, peppercorns, sugar, and salt together and heat for about 5 minutes in saucepan over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into large resealable plastic bag, Add steak, seal the bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. While steak is grilling, pour the marinade into a skillet, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce by half. Serve steak with wine sauce.
6. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak.Note
Recipe makes 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Tags: recipe, Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com