Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Flank Steak with Red Wine Peppercorn MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Flank Steak with Red Wine Peppercorn Marinade is a delightful combination of bold flavors and tender meat. The marinade, made with red wine and peppercorns, infuses the steak with a rich and savory taste. The flank steak is then grilled to perfection, resulting in a juicy and flavorful main course. Serve this dish with roasted vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Keywords: flank steak, red wine, peppercorn marinade, grilled, savory.
Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe details
The bold flavor of red wine gives this steak big taste. Inspired by “Flat Iron Steak in a Red Wine Reduction with Peppercorns,” by BigStupidFingers.
Ready in: 4 hours 30 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Pinch white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 flank steak
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Stir red wine, peppercorns, sugar, and salt together and heat for about 5 minutes in saucepan over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into large resealable plastic bag, Add steak, seal the bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. While steak is grilling, pour the marinade into a skillet, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce by half. Serve steak with wine sauce.
6. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak.Note
Recipe makes 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Flank steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.