Flank steak with mexican beer marinade recipe
Flank Steak with Mexican Beer Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Don’t be jealous of this steak. It won’t bogart all your beer, just half a cup. Inspired by CHEFMAN1965’s “Cerveza-Lime Marinade for Beef Steaks.”
Ready in: 4 hours 25 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 2 cups minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup seeded, minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Mexican beer
- 1 flank steak (or more)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
| Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Then add steak and seal bag, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.
You can use a food processor to chop the vegetables.
Recipe makes about 6 cups of marinade, enough for 12 pounds of steak.
Reference: Flank steak with mexican beer marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.