FlanThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introFlan is a classic dessert known for its velvety texture and rich caramel flavor. This recipe for flan is simple yet indulgent, requiring only a handful of ingredients. With a smooth custard base made from eggs, milk, and sugar, this dessert is baked to perfection and topped with a luscious caramel sauce. The result is a creamy and decadent treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Keywords: flan, dessert, caramel, custard, creamy.
Flan recipe details
A custard-like dessert.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 1/2 cups sugar until golden. Carefully pour hot sugar evenly into four oven-proof ramekins or custard cups, tilting cups to coat bottoms evenly, then let cool.
3. Pour the milk and cream in a sauce pan and add the sugar to it. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring off and on. Once steam is present and all sugar is dissolved take it off the heat.
4. Temper yolks and whole eggs by stirring the hot milk, a little at a time, into the beaten eggs and egg yolks, until well combined. Pour the custard mix over the caramelized sugar in the ramekins.
5. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place ramekins on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in the water bath for about 30 minutes. Use a knife or toothpick to check to see if done.
6. When done let cool or take a knife and go around the edges and then flip upside down on the plate and enjoy.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Flan recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 25 times, 1 visit(s) today