Flank steak with red wine and porcini mushroom sauce recipe
Flank Steak with Red Wine and Porcini Mushroom Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Bold-flavored steak thanks to a very simple sauce. Inspired by Fooddude’s “Rib Steak Cabernet”
Ready in: 30 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1 flank steak
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 to 5 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
2. While grill is heating, combine salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season steak with the spice mixture, 1 teaspoon per side. In a small bowl, reconstitute mushrooms and tomatoes in boiling water. Set aside.
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak. When steak is done, set aside on a platter.
5. In a skillet on medium heat, pour 1/2 cup wine. Let it warm through and begin to reduce, about 5 minutes. Then add butter and remaining wine to pan and reduce until fully thickened, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Pour over steak.
6. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and saute peppers, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes until pepper is crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Add to steak platter and serve.
Recipe makes 2 tablespoons of rub, enough for 3 steaks, and 3/4 cup of sauce.
Reference: Flank steak with red wine and porcini mushroom sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.