Flank steak with garlic lime marinade recipe
Flank Steak with Garlic Lime Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A spicy Tex-Mex style steak that comes off the grill dripping with flavor.
Ready in: 4 hours 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 flank steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Mix everything but the steak together and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the flank steak, seal the bag, and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, then remove from marinade.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1/2 cup of marinade, enough for 1 pound of steak.
Tags: recipe, Flank steak with garlic lime marinade recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Flank steak with garlic lime marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com