Filet mignon with peppercorn chive butter recipe
Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Chive ButterThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIndulge in the ultimate steak experience with this mouthwatering Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Chive Butter recipe. This elegant dish combines the tenderness of filet mignon with the rich flavors of a homemade peppercorn chive butter. The steak is seared to perfection, then topped with the luscious butter infused with aromatic chives and a hint of peppercorn spice. Each bite is a delightful explosion of flavors that will leave you craving for more. Perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and elevate your culinary skills.
Keywords: Filet mignon, peppercorn chive butter, steak, seared, flavors
Filet mignon with peppercorn chive butter recipe details
A tender steak finished off perfectly with this restaurant-style herbed butter.
Ready in: 2 hours 20 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 filet mignon steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, chilling
1. Combine butter, steak sauce, peppercorns, chives, and lemon zest in a bowl until well-incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste, then shape into a log, wrap with parchment paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Coat steak with olive oil. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper.
3. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
4. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
5. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
6. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Place a few slices of butter on each hot steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes a little over 1/2 cup of seasoned butter.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Filet mignon with peppercorn chive butter recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 33 times, 1 visit(s) today