Fish soup recipe
Fish Soup RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. 1 1/2 kg of fresh fish
2. 4 slices bacon
3. 1 small stalk celery
4. 3 large onions (chopped)
5. 5 medium potatoes (cubed)
6. 6 cloves garlic (chopped very fine)
7. 1 can cream
8. 1 can tomatoes puree
9. 1 can tomato soup
10. 1 can milk
11. Thyme to taste
12. Salt to taste
13. Pepper to taste
14. sugar (1tbsp)
Method of preparation
1. Put oil in a large pan. Then add chopped onions, celery and garlic. Cook these till tender.
2. Take some butter in another pan and shallow fry the bacon cut into medium sized pieces. When the bacon is light brown add this to the onions and garlic cooked above. Add the tomato puree and tomato soup.
3. Now cook the fish in 3 cups of water till its very soft, strain the fish stock and keep the drained fish in a plate. Add the fish stock to the previous mixture and cook for about half an hour.
4. Add the potato cubes and cook till potatoes are done. Now add milk and simmer for about twenty minutes. At the end add fish pieces and 1 tbsp sugar. Serve hot.
Reference: Fish soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)