Fast chiptole tomato soup recipe
Fast Chiptole Tomato Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
An easy, tasty soup that cooks in just 30 minutes. Serve with a pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich for a spicy, smoky lunch.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup couscous
- Salt and pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Pour olive oil into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Cook onion and chipotle in hot oil for about 5 minutes, then stir in broth and tomatoes. When mixture boils, simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Pour in couscous. Cook for 8 minutes to soften, then add salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle soup with remaining cilantro. Serve with sour cream mixture for extra creaminess.
Reference: Fast chiptole tomato soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)