Easy rotelle with basic tomato sauce recipe
Easy Rotelle with Basic Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Who’s got the sweetest wheels? You will, when you cover wheel pasta in this simple tomato sauce.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry rotelle pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks. Keep heating it until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. For the rotelle, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
5. When the rotelle is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy rotelle with basic tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)