Easy grilled whole chicken recipe
Easy Grilled Whole Chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
The unmatchable taste of roasted chicken, with the smoky flavor of the grill. If you’ve got wood chips handy, this is the time to use them. The wood flavor will make this chicken one of the best you’ve ever tasted.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 carrot, chopped
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, resting
1. Preheat grill to Medium, about 350 degrees F.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder, both on the skin and inside the chicken cavity. Place 2 tablespoons butter inside the chicken. Put the chicken in a flame-proof baking dish and dot the rest of the butter in the pan. Distribute carrot around the chicken as well.
3. Cover with foil. Place dish on grill and close lid. (Try not to peek unless necessary–opening a grill lid allows lots of heat to escape). Grill for 1 hour, until meat measures 180 degrees internally. Take foil off and continue grilling until chicken is browned, another 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, cover with foil again, and rest for 30 minutes.
Reference: Easy grilled whole chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.