Easy grilled chicken sandwiches recipe
Easy Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This versatile herbed grilled chicken can be used for a sandwich, wrap, salad or even with pasta.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Portuguese/hard rolls, cut in half
- mayonnaise, as desired
- lettuce, as desired
- 1 small tomato, sliced
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, marinating
1. Preheat grill to Medium/High and lightly oil grate.
2. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them flat with a rolling pin, no thinner than 1/4-inch.
3. Remove top piece of plastic wrap and sprinkle all herbs on, saving enough for the other side of the chicken. After all of the herbs are used, cover chicken again with plastic wrap and place in air-tight bag in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from fridge. Right before putting on grill smear a small amount of olive oil on each side of the chicken. Grill each side about 4 minutes or until it is slightly browned and no longer pink in the middle, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
5. Remove from grill and place each breast on a roll with some mayo, lettuce, and tomato, if desired.
Reference: Easy grilled chicken sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.