Easy farfalle with shrimp tomato sauce recipe
Easy Farfalle with Shrimp Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Dress up shrimp and tomato sauce with bow tie pasta.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry farfalle pasta (one box)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Toss in the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 or 4 minutes, until shrimp turns pink and curls.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
6. For the farfalle, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the farfalle is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss with the shrimp. Serve!
Tags: recipe, Easy farfalle with shrimp tomato sauce recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Easy farfalle with shrimp tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com