Easy farfalle with basic tomato sauce recipe
Easy Farfalle with Basic Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy farfalle with basic tomato sauce recipe is a simple yet delicious dish that will satisfy your pasta cravings. With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up a flavorful tomato sauce that pairs perfectly with the bowtie-shaped farfalle pasta. Whether you're a beginner in the kitchen or short on time, this recipe is a go-to option for a quick and tasty meal.
Keywords: farfalle, basic tomato sauce, easy recipe, pasta, quick meal.
Easy farfalle with basic tomato sauce recipe details
Gussy up farfalle, or bow-tie pasta, with this quick-cooking, vegetarian pasta sauce.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry farfalle pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks. Keep heating it until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. For the farfalle, a good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
5. When the farfalle is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy farfalle with basic tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 33 times, 1 visit(s) today