Easy chicken soup with kale recipe
Easy Chicken Soup with Kale
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Get healthy chicken soup in a hurry with this simple recipe. May not cook for hours like some chicken soups, but garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper help make up the flavor gap.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 3 large red onions, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 8 cups shredded kale
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Pour water into a large soup pot and add chicken, carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and salt. Place over high heat. When the soup boils, simmer partly covered over low heat for 25 minutes.
2. Skim fat from top of pot and discard.
3. Stir pasta into the soup and cook for 5 minutes, then add kale and cook for about 5 more minutes. Serve.
Reference: Easy chicken soup with kale recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.