Don’s broccoli salad recipe
Don’s Broccoli Salad
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My own twist on broccoli salad. A little bit of many different recipes. It took me several tries to get it how I like it. Hope you like it too.
Ready in: 2 hours 45 mins
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or a 50-50 mix mayo and sour cream)
- 1 small can pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 2 hours
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble or chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
3. Combine remaining ingredients, whisk throughly and pour over salad.
4. Cover, and refrigerate 2 hours, serve.
Reference: Don’s broccoli salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.