Donnebonn’s chicken l orange recipe
Donnebonn’s Chicken L’orangeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I like chicken thighs, so I buy a package of all thighs. If you like breast meat, you will want to lower the cooking time, so it won’t be dry.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Dash hot sauce, preferably Tabasco(R) chipotle
- 2 tablespoons Splenda(R)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 12 chicken thighs or breasts
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Thaw orange juice in warm water (without diluting it). While it’s thawing, put all your pieces of chicken (de-skinned & deboned if desired) in foil-lined 11×7-inch sheet cake pan, sprayed generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Put the UNDILUTED orange juice, along with all other ingredients, in blender at high speed until pureed smooth. Pour over chicken. DO NOT ADD WATER!!! Gravy comes PERFECT just as it is!!
3. Move pieces of chicken around so they’re completely snuggled into the sauce. Cover with foil and bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. White meat probably 30. Let stand covered for 10 to 20 minutes.
4. Serve over your favorite pasta with a salad and bread if desired.Note:
VERY easy & yummy. Can prepare it the night b4 & cook it the next day before your meal. You can prepare the pasta & salad while it’s cooking.Note:
It freezes very well. What I do is portion it into meal size portions, put in freezer zip bags (double them to make sure they don’t get ripped if bumped against something) then take them out, thaw in warm water to loosen them from the bag. Put them in microwaveable container & heat them up in the microwave.
Share this content!
Reference: Donnebonn’s chicken l orange recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.