Dj’s german dark rye bread recipe
Dj’s German Dark Rye BreadThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and authentic German dark rye bread recipe? Look no further than Dj's German Dark Rye Bread Recipe. This recipe is perfect for bread enthusiasts who crave the rich and hearty flavors of traditional German baking. With its dense texture, deep color, and robust flavor, this bread is sure to be a hit at any meal. Whether you're serving it with a warm bowl of soup or using it as a base for sandwiches, Dj's German Dark Rye Bread will not disappoint.
Keywords: German, dark rye bread, recipe, authentic, hearty
Dj's german dark rye bread recipe details
The real taste of Dark Rye. Made with less salt, no sugar, (I use Honey). A little bit of a sweet taste. Good to eat as is, or toasted.
Ready in: 3 hours 15 mins
- 3 cups white flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups likewarm water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 1/2 cups Dark Rye flour
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, rising
1. Place white flour, cocoa, yeast, and salt in large bowl and stir well.
2. Place lukewarm water, honey, and melted butter in bowl and mix.
3. Combine above 2 mixtures and beat hard for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in Rye flour to above mix. Stir in enough to make a soft dough. Knead, 8 to 10 minutes! Heat microwave for 2 minutes. With microwave off, quickly place dough mixture in microwave. Let rise until double. Then deflate and place dough into 2 greased loaf pans and again let rise until double.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and enjoy!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Dj’s german dark rye bread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 47 times, 1 visit(s) today