Cuban pulled pork for sandwiches recipe
Cuban Pulled Pork for Sandwiches
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This pulled pork is the center piece of an Island themed BBQ party I did last summer. I accompanied this with a Slaw with an Island Twist and Black Beans with Lime and Cumin scented Rice. Several pitchers of Mojitos and we had a blast. Good Food, Good Friends and Good Food. You can’t lose with that combination.
Ready in: 1 day 6 hours
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 3 tablspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 pounds pork, boston butt
- 3 cups island slaw
- 1 1/2 cups chipotle honey BBQ sauce
- 16 to 20 buns or tortillas
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 5 hours | Extra time: 1 day, marinating
1. Mix spices with garlic.
2. Stir in orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, rum, and olive oil.
3. Place the pork in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour citrus marinade over meat, and seal. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, turning the bag over occasionally.
4. Preheat the oven or grill to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
5. Transfer pork and marinade to a roasting pan, and place in the oven/grill. Roast for about 2 1/2 hours, basting with pan juices occasionally, Add small amounts of orange juice to the pan if it dries out. cover roast with foil once top is browned.
6. Seal aluminum foil around roasting pan, reduce oven/grill to 275 and cook for 2 more hours until temp of 180 degrees. Loosen foil and baste every 30 minutes adding more orange juice to pan if needed.
7. Transfer the pork to a carving board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes. Pork should be so tender all you need to do is show it a pair of forks and it will fall apart.
8. Shred and serve in toasted tortillas, or on grilled buns with island slaw and BBQ sauce.Alternate method
Serve these awesome BBQ sandwiches or wraps with black beans and lime and cumin scented rice.
Tags: recipe, Cuban pulled pork for sandwiches recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Cuban pulled pork for sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com