Pueblo chili recipe
Pueblo ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Flavorful and spicy chili that someone can find in almost every restaurant in Southern Colorado. Use it to smother burritos, eggs, fried potatoes, anywhere you use red chili!
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 pound diced pork, the fattier the better
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10-12 roasted green chiles, chopped; or 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, or as needed (optional)
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 5 mins
1. Trim the fat from the pork and render it down. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings and fry the diced pork until well browned.
2. Add the garlic and onions and saute until translucent.
3. Stir in the chilis, tomatoes, water and salt. Cover and simmer as long as wanted, at least 30 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch and water if needed. Serves best over a great burrito.
Reference: Pueblo chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)