Crunchy Meatballs recipe
Ruth’s recipe won semifinalist in Jones Dairy farm B&B recipe contest Aug. ’97. Hors d’oeuvres category.
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, shelled, deveined, cut up
- 1/2 pound uncooked pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- One 8-ounce can chopped water chestnuts
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauce For Dipping:
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In food processor, put all of meatball ingredients and pulse until finely chopped. Be careful not to over pulse to pureed state. Shape into 36 1-inch meatballs. Place on broiler pan and bake 18 minutes or until slightly browned. Place in chafing dish to keep warm.
Prepare dipping sauce by placing all ingredients in food processor and pulsing several times. Serve with meatballs and toothpicks. Makes approximately 1 cup of sauce.
Tags: recipe, Crunchy meatballs, cooking, diy