Creamy shrimp and corn stew in shells recipe
Creamy Shrimp and Corn Stew in ShellsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Tender and flaky Pepperidge Farm(R) Puff Pastry Shells are filled with a heavenly mixture of shrimp, shallots and corn bathed in a creamy golden sauce featuring Swanson(R) Chicken Stock, heavy cream, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm(R) Puff Pastry Shells
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Swanson(R) Chicken Stock
- 12 ounces fresh or thawed frozen small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro leaves or parsley
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bake, cool and remove the ‘tops’ of the pastry shells according to the package directions.
2. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir the stock into the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add the shrimp and corn to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the cream, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce and cook until the shrimp are cooked through. Season to taste. Spoon the shrimp mixture into the pastry shells. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
Creamy Shrimp, Lobster & Corn Stew in Shells: Reduce the amount of shrimp to 8 ounces and add 4 ounces of diced, cooked lobster meat in step 3.
Share this content!
Reference: Creamy shrimp and corn stew in shells recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.