Creamy rigatoni pasta with bacon and asparagus recipe
Creamy Rigatoni Pasta with Bacon and AsparagusThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
An easy Italian pasta recipe that’s a restaurant classic. Just a few minutes of attention to cooking and you’ll have a gourmet pasta dish.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 bacon strips, chopped coarsely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the rigatoni in the boiling water for about 12 minutes, or according to package instructions, until al dente; add the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
2. While pasta is boiling, cook bacon in a large skillet set over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until crisp. Drain and wipe out the skillet with paper towels.
3. Melt butter with oil in the skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic in hot oil for about 1 minute, then add cream. When mixture boils, simmer on low heat for about 3 minutes to thicken.
4. Add cheese to the garlic cream mixture and stir to melt. Add pasta, salt, asparagus, and bacon; toss, then serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Reference: Creamy rigatoni pasta with bacon and asparagus recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)