Country potato salad recipe
Country Potato SaladThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis country potato salad recipe is a classic and comforting side dish that will surely impress your guests. Made with tender potatoes, crunchy vegetables, and a creamy dressing, this salad is bursting with flavors and textures. It's the perfect addition to any barbecue, picnic, or potluck. Whether you're serving it as a side dish or a light meal, this recipe is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Keywords: country potato salad, classic, comforting, side dish, barbecue.
Country potato salad recipe details
This classic potato salad has two dressings: a vinegar and herb dressing that leaves each potato bite moist and flavorful, and a light creamy dressing to bind vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, and potatoes.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
- 3 pounds fresh potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- 2 cups Miracle Whip(R)
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, chilling
1. Cover potatoes with water in large soup pot and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, then cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain
2. Chop cooked potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Combine onions, salad oil, remaining salt, pepper, thyme, and vinegar in large bowl. Add to potatoes, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. In separate bowl, combine celery, eggs, peppers, relish, and Miracle Whip(R). Add to chilled potato mixture. Mix lightly but thoroughly to coat potatoes.
4. Garnish with parsley and paprika. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Country potato salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.