Confetti herb squash recipe
Confetti-Herb Squash recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 2 cups yellow squash, cooked, mashed, and drained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick melted margarine
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cups grated Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup each red and green peppers (chopped)
Add ingredients in order given, mix well. Pour into greased glass casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until center is set.
Note: This dish adapts well to being doubled, made ahead and baked next day, or baked and frozen. Defrost and reheat, covered with foil.
Reference: Confetti herb squash recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)