Confetti herb squash
- 2 cups yellow squash, cooked, mashed, and drained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick melted margarine
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cups grated Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup each red and green peppers (chopped)
Add ingredients in order given, mix well. Pour into greased glass casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until center is set.
Note: This dish adapts well to being doubled, made ahead and baked next day, or baked and frozen. Defrost and reheat, covered with foil.
Tags: recipe, Confetti herb squash, cooking, diy