Cilantro macadamia pesto grilled shrimp and spaghetti squash salad with mango vinaigrette garnished recipe
Cilantro Macadamia Pesto Grilled Shrimp and Spaghetti Squash Salad with Mango Vinaigrette Garnished with Pineapple-Banana Relish
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Tropical flavors shine through in this main course salad. Warm, cilantro-macadamia nut pesto marinated shrimp top salad greens tossed with mango vinaigrette.
Ready in: 2 hours
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 each spaghetti squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mango Vinaigrette
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 banana
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- Cilantro Macadamia Pesto Shrimp
- 20 peeled and deveined shrimp (16/20 size)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 ounce macadamia nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pineapple-Banana Relish
- 1/2 cup cored, diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced banana
- 1 tablespoon red onion
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai basil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups micro arugula
- 2 cups micro watercress
Prep: 50 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. For the roasted squash: Cut squash in half. Brush butter on squash season and with salt and pepper. Roast in a 350 degree oven for 30 min until tender. Scoop out seeds, and scrape the roasted squash meat using the tines of a fork, to resemble spaghetti noodles. Let cool and set aside for later use.
2. For the vinaigrette: Using a blender, add all ingredients and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. For the shrimp: Place peeled, deveined, tail on shrimp in a bowl. Using a blender, process the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate for one hour. Reserve marinated shrimp in cooler until ready to assemble salad. Grill Shrimp 10 minutes prior to final salad assembly.
4. For the relish: Mix relish ingredients well in a bowl and reserve in cooler 1 hour for flavors to develop.
5. To assemble the salad: Place 4 ounces of prepped spaghetti squash in bowl and mix 1 tablespoon of mango vinaigrette and mix well to coat. Place in center of plate. Mix the micro green arugula and watercress in another small bowl, add 1 tablespoon dressing, mix well, and top the squash. Garnish with a small quenelle of the pineapple-banana relish on right of center-plated salad. Add two shrimp on left side of salad. Serve with toast points (optional).
Tags: recipe, Cilantro macadamia pesto grilled shrimp and spaghetti squash salad with mango vinaigrette garnished recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Cilantro macadamia pesto grilled shrimp and spaghetti squash salad with mango vinaigrette garnished recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com