Codfish soup recipe
Codfish Soup Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Salt codfish, soaked (1/2 pound)
2. sliced onion (1small)
3. celery (1 small piece)
4. thyme (small sprig)
5. dry white wine (2tbsp)
6. water (1c)
7. olive oil (4 1/2tbsp)
8. parsley stems (small bunch)
9. bay leaf (1)
10. tomatoes, skinned with seeds removed and cut into slices (2)
11. potato, peeled and cut into slices (1 med.)
12. salt and pepper (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. First take codfish, cut it into squares of big size. Take a saucepan, place it over low heat. Put 4 tablespoons of olive oil and then add sliced onions in the pan and cook them for a few seconds.
2. Then add thyme, bay leaf, celery and parsley stems in it. Cook them for few seconds and then add potato, tomatoes, water and white wine in the pan and cook them.
3. When the potato gets half cooked and then add codfish and ½ tablespoon of olive oil in it. Now take out the parsley stems from it and then add ½ tablespoon of chopped parsley. Then add pepper and salt, if required in it.
4. When the fish and vegetables get cooked properly then pour the soup in soup bowls and put fried bread over it and then serve it hot.
Reference: Codfish soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.